Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #12

I enjoyed this thing about commenting. I think it is important to post comments when I read other people's blogs. It lets them know I stopped by, and I see it as a way to give encouragement and support for other bloggers.


From the articles I gained many great ideas regarding commenting. One from the article 10 Techniques to get More Comments on Your Blog was the importance of responding to comments. I don't always leave a comment in reply to a comment that was left on my blog. I am going to try this. Another idea I liked was from the article The Ten Commandments of Blog Commenting was to return to blogs once you leave a comment. Sometimes I forget to mark blogs I like and so I never return to them.


I will work to make more meaningful comments as I make connections. Sometimes I feel I don't have anything additional to say that other commenters haven't already mentioned. I see the value of thoughtful comments though.


I enjoyed looking at several of the other Library2Play blogs. It was interesting to read the others posts and find others feeling the same way as me regarding having all the information out there and feeling like I don't have enough time to explore everything fully.


One blog I found enjoyable was Joy of Desserts. I enjoyed the pictures. Also the author has a list of links to recipes for homemade ice cream. I found another new blog through a blog roll. It is called I'm Thinking. This is a nice blog that is a family type journal.

2 comments:

VWB said...

o the desserts were painful! this is suppose to be fun! :-)

and your firema's hat just makes me smile everytime I open your blog. I am so glad your son suggested it!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog and ice cream roundup. I'm so glad you liked them.

Best wishes on your new blog. It looks like the beginning of an interesting one. Thanks for leaving a comment on mine so that I could discover you too.

Great fireman's hat. Fun choice from your son. :-)