Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #18

I looked at the Google docs. I wrote a short note to my friend and sent it to her by the "share" link. I found this application easy to use, and I see many benefits to using it. I do not know that I will use personally though since I have Microsoft Office on my home computer.

One of the benefits, as I mentioned, is the ease of sharing the documents. I found it so easy to just click "share" and type in an email address. No copy and paste was needed. Another benefit is the ability to invite others to work on projects. This would be especially useful for group projects. I really like this feature. A third benefit is having access wherever you go. I have been at computers without Microsoft Office. At times like those this application would have been handy to be able to use.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

I haven't played much with Google Docs so I have been learning a lot by reading players' blogs. The share feature keeps cropping up so I know it is something important that the alternatives don't provide. I have used Open Office, and it worked fine for me, but it did take a long time to install.