Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #7

I had no idea there were so many different Google tools and had lots of fun exploring them.

I personalized my igoogle page. I enjoyed scrolling through the various themes to use on the page. I decided on the "Summer Oceans" theme for now. I found several gadgets to add too including love quotes, Bible verse of the day, the game Frogger, and pictures of sunsets.

I also created a Google calendar.



All of these Google tools would be helpful to both students and teachers alike. The calendar would be beneficial to post important test dates and project due dates for your class. Students would benefit from the Google Scholar as they work on research papers.

2 comments:

atxteacher said...

I'm with you in discovering there are so many Google tools! I thought the Calendar would be helpful to students and parents. I was drawn to your blog by the name. I didn't dream of being a stay at home mom before I had my baby, but now it'd be nice to work half time. What's the story about the fire helmet in your Avatar?

Janine said...

I like this calendar as well. I print them out and use them in as my "planner" during the school year. I like the way these print out because they have plenty of space to write in each box..no wasted space.