Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #20

I have used YouTube often but had never heard of TeacherTube until now. I found many videos on "technology in education" on YouTube. Here is one of them:




I had fun exploring the videos on TeacherTube. I searched for videos about phonics and found several. I wasn't impressed with the information presented through some of the videos, but there was a good variety of lessons available.

Resources such as these are a valuable tool for the classroom. Students would enjoy creating their own videos. One of the advantages of having these videos available is that it gives teachers a new way to present information. I think students get tired of seeing the same things class after class. The videos can give the teachers new ideas as well as be shared with students to present the information in a new way.

This was a fun lesson for me!

1 comment:

Grendel said...

I enjoyed TeacherTube, too, and couldn't believe the variety of subjects available!