Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing #6

I really enjoyed this lesson. I had never heard the term mashups nor did I have a clue what one was. It was fun to browse through all the different options. I found out I have used mashups but didn't know that was what they were called.

One of the mashups I had a lot of fun with was called Color Pickr. I loved seeing the rainbow of colors. It was fun to try to figure out what the thumbnail picture was and then click to find out.

Flickr would be fun to use in the classroom for students to use to find pictures for their science fair projects and other presentations. Also, the teacher could use the pictures for writing prompts for the class. The trading cards would be a good teaching tool to teach new information about places or people for social studies lessons.
Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com

No comments: