Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing #8

I have heard of RSS feeds as well as seen the little orange box all over the Internet. I never knew how to use it though. Now that I know what it is and how to use it, I think it is great! I like the ease of adding new subscriptions, the organization I can have by making folders, and the time it saves me from clicking through my favorites listings.

I've already been able to make use of this feature in my personal life. I have made iGoogle my new homepage and added the reader to it through my main Gmail account. It is so helpful to have the updates show right there rather than check through my favorites list multiple times throughout the day.

This technology would be helpful for libraries as a research tool. It is much more convenient to have the news feeds come in as they're updated than to try to scroll through tons of web pages looking for new information.

No comments: