Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #15

I read several of the articles about Library 2.0. Once again I must say this was a term with which I was unfamiliar. One I found interesting was the Wikipedia article. This gave me a good idea of the background of Library 2.0 as well as some of the critiques against it.

I really liked Rick Anderson's analogy of the boat in his article. I agree with him that it would be a disaster if libraries refused to adapt and move forward.

Things have changed in our world. Watching the video "A Vision of Students Today" was really eye-opening to me as well. It doesn't seem that long ago that I myself was a college student, yet I wonder if I would be able to fit in the college student setting today. This little video showed me just how drastically things really have changed in the past 10 years since I was a college freshman.

This lesson was very informative for me.

No comments: